May you read this well.
I begin this with a remembrance of a dear friend. My friends and I here now feel that this town is a lesser place with the loss of Abdul Rahman Muda @Raymond James Young. Till we meet again, you will be in our prayers.
Found myself back home recently after an absence of a year and a half. Not many pictures of my itineraries, but I did score myself a short trip to Kuala Lumpur & Malacca in between.
Here are views from Singapore flyer;
 |
| Exhibits at the entry |
 |
| Gardens by the Bay |
 |
| Esplanade & floating platform |
 |
| Marina Bay Sands |
 |
| Helix bridge |
This was followed by the trip across the border for sightseeing and catching up with an ex-uni mate;
 |
| Straits of Malacca Mosque. Sits on the shoreline with smashing views and magnificent sea breeze |
 |
| Aznans' sons; Fatih & Haziq |
Then the food, which I frankly dislike taking pictures of unless I'd like to recall the taste;
 |
| Ice Kacang; a version of snow cone |
I should add that the environment back home has changed. Housing projects have mushroomed all over the island and there are certainly lots of people running around. It does look cosmopolitan in certain areas but that is not always the case in ordinary suburbs. The most prominent noticeable aspect is the lack of freedom felt throughout my visit. Thus, crossing the border was like a breath of fresh air.
Why I felt this sentiment back home is well-known among the locals and I shall not dwell on. On hindsight, mosques are also teeming with worshippers, which is always good for the community. I hope this can be build on for the new generation, especially in learning languages.
 |
| Best mate Maleks' daughter |
And just before I left, the distant-cousins wedding where I took every opportunity to catch up with families.
The next day was the return flight home. However, Perth beckoned before the final leg to Adelaide. Photos of the beautiful city to come.
 |
| (L-R) Uncle Salleh, Aunt Emma, Mom & Dad at the airport |
PeAcE OuT
Comments
Post a Comment