Not the man I use to be

Peace be upon you,

Had 2 feet of my intestines removed last week. I had not consented to it, but duty of care in the medical profession meant I had no choice. Although I am recovering well, times are challenging; cold weather, lack of agility due to the surgical wound and worst of all, inability to drive since discharge.

Oh well, it could've been worst. I thought I could skip such surgery to a more convenient time, or at least warmer weather. Nonetheless, this would hopefully translate to normality in my daily life, especially for my prayers (been praying on a chair for most sessions since last November).

The positive side would be a long break from work, and the presence of both my parents here. Meals have been sumptuous as compared to my cooking, and there's help in every aspect of my hospital stay and surgery. But an after-thought surfaced; would it have been easier if a spouse existed? Then my parents would have a lot of work cut out for them, or the other way round too. Would they be worried upon their return home, even if I recover fully? Or in the first place, would there be a need for them to come over? One thing for sure is that they have been suffering in this very cold winter, and anything to ease those difficulties is much appreciated. But in exploring such possibilities, logic dictates to a common path; moving on with the next step in life. 

Insya-Allah...

PeAcE OuT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination and Laziness

Dirt tracks & country roads

21st Century literacy challenges