Once Upon a Weekend
Peace be Upon You,
Once upon a time, many years ago (feels like yesterday though), working on weekends without EXTRA pay was a norm. Nowadays, normality takes on a whole new meaning when extra work is required here. There will be times when you have to sacrifice a bit of your days off for work, especially near deadlines. So last weekend was an EXCEPTION for me.
Though I did not turn up into the office, I brought the 'baby' home.
Not being overtly excited in sacrificing my well-scheduled weekends, it turned out I only spared a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon for this. Otherwise my time was spent on laundry, ironing (few things I really do enjoy doing), a little repair job on my car (yes, I can fix minor jobs!), and most importantly, researching on my superannuation investment.
Back in Singapore, CPF's are allowed to sit in a central depository and collect interests (the lowest among the world though). Here, we have to invest them. So I'm careful about where I put my money in to, particularly forbidden businesses.
PeAcE OuT
Comments
Post a Comment